Bellasymphony

Friday, September 11, 2009

Nine Eleven


The images today have brought back so many memories. I was having coffee and watching the Today show and could not believe my eyes. My husband and I huddled around the TV and watched in horror. Called my son and made sure he was OK, even though I knew he was on the West Coast...just had to make sure and talk to him.


The feeling that day is something that we as Americans should never forget and the images of all the loved ones of those who had lost their lives that day holding photos and hoping against hope is something that I think about to this day.


Like so many I paid my respects to the site where those magnificent towers once stood in NYC while visiting about two years later. It was such a moving experience and am so glad to have been able to go there and pay my respects.


It's always a bit chilling for me seeing them in an old movie or TV show and makes me think that is the way things should have been forever~!

No comments:

Post a Comment