Bellasymphony

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adult Baby Blankets

Minkee Blankets and Throws are not just for kids...these magnificent throws are so cozy to cuddle up with~!! Once I began making baby blankets and blankies out of the wonder fabric Minkee...it dawned on me rather quickly that "I" wanted one too~! So my first Adult Baby Blanket was born~!! As my friends saw and got the feel of the luxurious fabric...everyone wanted one. Even last year my husband even admitted he wanted one too~!!

Minkee comes in the most amazing range of colors and patterns, which can be done in so many awesome combinations ~ with or without fringe. Without fringe, they are totally machine washable and just tumble dry. With fringe, they need to be dry cleaned. But normally I only have to do it at the end of the cold season.


My favorite selling point is that I made and sent one with my son to college, when he came back so did the throw...still in great shape~!! I even asked him if he had used it much. He answered, "Oh yeah, mom, everyone who crashed on our couch used it." I proceeded to walk to the washing machine, drop it in with a bit of extra detergent, then through the dryer and it was a good as new. It even endured his frat house lifestyle...now that is saying something~!!




2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I'd kill to get that fringe again. Had to spend $15 per yard for some I didn't like 1/2 as much. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have some...I could probably be persuaded to part with some if you have a special project....I love it too~!!

    ReplyDelete