Bellasymphony

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

80 Years and Still Going Strong

Was able to go to my father's 80th Birthday celebration this past Friday evening in Chino....with the blessing of my doctor. Was something that I really did not want to miss....and it was the great evening that I anticipated. My father is a tough old bird, well known in Chino and actually across the state as an excellent cow man. He just completed merging 2 of his dairies together and is still going strong. Some people say "Why does he do it?" Well, if you truely know him, you knows he does it because he loves it. And I say "Why not?" And hope to be doing what I love at his age and be in the great shape he is.

He also loves his quarter horses, which are his passion. Ask his about his horses and you better  be ready to sit down and listen for a while....we knew early on they were his other children~!

It was a great evening full of family and friends...my sisters and brother stepped into overtime to make his dinner party plan execute perfectly. And I was oh so happy just to be there~!

As a little update, I saw my surgeon last Friday before heading out of town and got the go ahead to return to work this week, as long as I feel up to it. Have completed the CT scan of the abdomen that Dr. Patel ordered and got the PET scan done this AM. I started on the Femara a week ago and my body is adjusting to it and I am figuring out what time of day is best to take it. Just making me feel a little "ick" but not anything bad.

Am so thankful to everyone for their prayers and support....I feel blessed to have each and everyone one of you in my life~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment